View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Dec 19, 2019 at 08:03 PM

I'm sorry I don't really have a lot to offer with regard to your concern. However I noticed you had yet to receive replies to this post. So I thought I would write one.

I myself am an "adult" too many times over. No one really ever taught me how to do it either. I learned as I went along. (I'm still learning.) I think a lot of us do it that way... sink-or-swim... trial-&-error. Admittedly it's not the best way to do it. But it's the way it was (is) for many of us.

Here are links to 2 articles, from PC's archives, on the subject of "adulting". The first article is targeted at parents. However it may still be of some interest to you; plus both the first & the second articles provide links to & / or information on additional resources. The third link is to a Psych Central podcast on the subject of adulting:

Preparing Youth for a Smooth Transition into Adulthood

Are You Ready to 'Adult'?

Podcast: How to Make the Transition to Adulthood Easier

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul