View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 19, 2019 at 10:08 PM

I don't know that I'd call it a delayed response. I'd just say that I don't "see" the effects of it until a while later. The trigger, rather than releasing a bullet from a gun, in this instance sets off a more nuanced and subtle chain reaction. When I get days beyond the whole trigger and eventual response, I'm able to see small responses to that trigger that happened immediately, but the very obvious response took longer to culminate. So, for example, sometimes something happens and that thing, rather than have an initial response to it, begins to fester in our mind, causing us to get more and more dissociated or irritable or anxious or whatever. Eventually there is a blow up from the building pressure - whatever constitutes a blow-up for you - not necessarily anger or outburst, it could be depression or shutting down, etc.

@Lilly2, is this sort of what you mean?

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv