View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Trig Dec 20, 2019 at 07:21 PM

When I was in psychiatric hospitals (I've been to two different ones, one nine times, the other once), I was not permitted to have a cell phone or any internet access whatsoever. I will say that I was in locked wards, though I was voluntarily admitted. Some of the hospitalizations I was psychotic. I was allowed visitors during specific hours, and there was a pay phone that we could use during non therapy hours (with calling cards).

Have you been in a psychiatric hospital or ward that allowed you to keep your cell phone and/or have some form of internet access?

What do you see as the negatives and positives of having cell phones during psych hospitalizations?

What do you see as the negatives and positives of having internet access during psych hospitalizations?

Are there any issues you see for people (friends, family members, PC online members) in seeing or responding to posts from members in psychiatric hospitals?

Add On: I now realize that the "Hospitalization & Inpatient Treatment" forum is likely more appropriate for this thread. Please move, if this is so. Sorry for the error.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Dec 20, 2019 at 08:07 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote