Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 21, 2019 at 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fern46 View Post
I can agree with all of that. Yes, it is complex. victims of bullies are actually in fact often infinitely stronger. The reasons the abuse occurs are also incredibly complex. Thank you for pointing out this important distinction. It is why I said the selection is due to their perception of weakness. Their perception does not define reality. Jealousy is a powerful motivator and I think your thoughts there are spot on in many cases.

I think the important part is knowing your strong qualities and renewing them no matter how many times a bully seeks to extinguish it. It is also important to disallow the behavior to continue.

You have many amazing qualities. Your instinct on the why in your case is much more apt to be accurate than mine.
Thanks, I agree, thanks for posting and sharing your insights

Where I often used to fall down was in not disallowing the behaviour to continue early enough,... as in not spotting obvious but often quite “cleverly concealed” red flags early enough... not dumping them before they dumped me or continued to insult me or ... etc

Hugs from:
fern46, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
fern46, Wild Coyote