Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 21, 2019 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_fleurs View Post
I am sorry you are feeling like this. I think sometimes things can feel like salt on a wound if we've had bad experiences, and then someone is again hurtful to us. I had experiences with being excluded and made fun of growing up, and could never understand what was "wrong" with me. I also experienced some bullying in the workplace. As a result, for awhile I was very guarded and easily hurt whenever someone said something mean or excluded me, because it brought back all those memories and a feeling of "what do I always do wrong?" I found that I had to work through some of that and realize I was holding on to a distorted view of myself, and assumptions about how others saw me. I also think I allowed people to treat me poorly as a result of low self worth and didn't stand up for myself. I hope you are able to find people who treat you how you deserve to be treated. Also, maybe talking through what's going on with a therapist would be helpful to process some of the emotions and see if there's any insight they can give you into the situation?
Thank you, this is helpful to me

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote