Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Dec 21, 2019 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
Thanks for your post. I particularly find the part about bullies interesting... it’s a common “truth” that they select “the weak” but I do not completely agree since most people I have known, including myself, are a more complicated mixture of “strong” and “weak”..

It is my belief, that bullies usually enjoy targeting those who have some gifts or qualities they Secretly Envy... and perhaps not only secretly, but unconsciously....perhaps they envy someone’s genuine care about others and empathy... their ability to form genuine human bonds despite their struggles... Although I realise not all bullies are like that. It is in itself a very complex issue. Why do people bully and why do some continue to bully.
Very well said. I also think it is complicated. I think the motivations are varied and "interesting." I have seen all kinds of people targeted by a variety of bullies and for a variety of reasons. I have been occasionally attacked here and more recently "frequently" attacked. While I am kind, I am far from "weak."

Repeatedly targeting someone is harassment. Harassment is against the community rules here. It is important people also realize that harassment on the internet is a federal crime. These two facts might encourage bullies to reconsider their behaviors. I hope so.

Interesting and helpful points mentioned by fern, as well.

Thanks, Fuzzy!!!

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, ~Christina