View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 21, 2019 at 11:10 PM

I'm having a lot of anxiety visiting my parents around food and weight loss right now. I have a lot of food related anxiety and they greatly exacerbate it because they will never help me out by at least planning WHEN we will eat dinner. My meals are very regulated and it's necessary for me to do so to manage my PTSD and anxiety - since I grew up with starvation and then an eating disorder. I have explained this to them, and they do try to accommodate me but usually it's when I'm on my last straw and have to say very forcefully, WE HAVE TO EAT NOW. I know I can eat without them, of course, and sometimes I do, but I really like to eat as a family. As usual, it's also a problem of the fact that neither of them has any metabolism. I am active and go running many days of the week, and my metabolism is active. I asked my mom what kind of exercise she's getting and she said she's getting about 3000 steps a day. That's the equivalent of nothing. That's walking around the house to get dressed and make breakfast, walking to the bathroom at work, and walking to and from the car. I'm not knocking her, I'm just saying, she doesn't get very hungry because she doesn't do anything that would make her hungry. And then the problem is that they snack between meals and I do not. It doesn't work for managing my weight and my PTSD/anxiety to snack like they do. I just wish they would respect this boundary a little more because they have seen me have panic attacks before when we are HOURS late to having a meal because they screw around getting ready or whatever.

Anyways: I'm feeling anxious.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...

Hugs from:
Blknblu, bpforever1, Discombobulated, stahrgeyzer, wheezyrose, Wren Finch