View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 22, 2019 at 07:57 AM

Unfortunately I experienced discrimination at both my grad and undergrad universities, although it was far worse at my grad school. I didn't let them force me out though and it pissed them off to no end that the general public liked my work more than any other student's (it was an MFA in performing arts). They also, without my permission, used photos of my work to promote their programs in many different magazines. It was kind of hilarious to be their black sheep and yet they promoted MY work as evidence of how great their school was. *SMH*

But moreso I have experienced institutional betrayal in the workplace. I had to sue a former employer due to discrimination. And even places where it seems good, there is still discrimination, albeit mild. Even places that are trying to "do good" in this respect aren't employing the voices of those who are actually disabled or whatever minority group that is suffering the discrimination to understand how to be culturally responsive (whether that's to disability - medical or psych - or race/ethnicity/gender/age, etc.). So they do what they "think" will help and don't realize that a lot of times those attempts to right the discrimination are just as bad as the discrimination.

That's all I can say for now. My dogs are going bonkers. Gotta go feed em.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HD7970GHZ, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ, winter4me