View Single Post
SoAn

Member Since Sep 2019
84 hugs
given
Default Dec 22, 2019 at 05:01 PM

Hey,

I hope this does not increase your shame, but I read your post before it was deleted and I wanted to write some words of reassurance, and maybe of advice to help navigate these feelings.
I have felt the same way as you, was also wondering whether I was bringing up those topics for the wrong reasons, and even told my T that I wondered about that. I wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this.
About disclosing more: if you feel it would be uncomfortable, there are other ways of talking about these things in therapy. You do not have to be completely specific, I think, if you do not want to. What you can do is tell your T that your sexual feelings are very strong, and leave it at that. Sorry if this makes you embarrassed, too - let me know if you want me to delete this post. I want to assure you again, though, that so many patients go through these feelings. You can talk about them without being completely specific. I always feel like being very specific is best, but I am having second thoughts sometimes, and believe now that you can also work through a lot without being so specific. Your T can likely put these feelings into perspective and help you connect them to certain needs you have (emotional closeness for instance, just an example), and that is the whole point.
I hope that helps a little bit. Shame is such an awful feeling. It has its merits, but can be completely counterproductive. I hope you can keep talking about whatever it is you need to talk about with your T, specifics or not. Good luck.
SoAn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote