View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 26, 2019 at 07:03 AM

Hey @bpcyclist great thread. I have some sober years under my belt now so I do not feel anxiety or fear anymore about celebrations where other people may be drinking. One thing I have noticed over the last couple of years is my intolerance for drunk people. I try and remember that I am the one with the alcoholism and other people can drink and move on but I really cant stand being around drunk people. The loud in your face talking with alcohol breath, the stupidity and bad decision making and worse, rarely, the beligerant drunk. I am not afraid of bars in the sense like we sometimes go to the one down the street to hear a band but I always leave if people seem out of hand. I have been to weddings where things are fine and other functions like my husbands christmas party where they were walking around with champaign but I have such disdain for that annoying behavior. The worst thing is to be the sober one around a bunch of foolish drinkers. I am working on not judging them or being the alcohol police but its hard. I usually just steer clear of stuff like that unless I have to go somewhere or its something I really want to do.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bizi, bpcyclist