View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 26, 2019 at 06:07 PM

I try not to over think it and generally feel my way through using empathy. Sometimes it is helpful, sometimes it is a fail. I ask people a lot of times to only accept what resonates as I hope they reject and discard anything that feels false or makes their situation worse. It is always with an intent to be of service that I reply.

I appreciate it when someone lets me know if they have a preference or sensitivity they would like me to respect. I do my best to remember these sorts of things and adjust my wording accordingly. I like the golden rule, but if I know someone is different from me I prefer the platinum rule. 'Do unto others as they would prefer done unto them'. Of course this is within reason as sometimes people ask for things here that would obviously cause damage and I won't compromise myself to add to their pain.

Thank you for telling us about your trigger. I wasn't aware and will keep it in mind.

This has me thinking... What would you think about a thread where people could reply with their triggers and preferences? Some here know all of this already, but we have a lot of new members and I know I could certainly benefit from an education on what is helpful and what isn't.

Thanks Fuzzy. Great questions!
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous46341, bpcyclist, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bpcyclist, Fuzzybear