catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 26, 2019 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
When you respond to a post on pc, do you usually put quite a bit of thought into your response, or do you respond quickly.

I put thought into my reply because I really do care, and if I'm replying to a post I believe I have the responsibility for being as sincere as possible.

Later on when I'm reflecting back on the thread I sometimes think of something I should have said, or shouldn't have said, which is why I wish we could edit posts for at least 12 hours.

Do you think about the OP, what you remember from their previous posts (so as to maybe be of more support or help) or do you tend to post a more generic response?

Oh, I definitely think about the OP. I can't not think about who I'm posting to. If it's someone I don't yet know I try to pick up cues from their post as to how to best reply.

And why? Do you think you have empathy for others?

I definitely have empathy. I can't not have empathy. There are times when I start getting testy, though - especially when I read a post from a new member, and I'm fairly sure that the person is a troll. That angers me, so I do my very best to stay away from the chaos those tpes of threads end up causing.

I try to avoid any triggers that I know that person has, both for them and also for me....

That is so decent of you, Fuzzy. I also try to avoid triggers - or, if I am posting about a trigger I do all I can to warn those reading that my post might be triggering.

Obviously, we don't always know everyones triggers but I have a few (and meds being suggested is one of them especially when I do not mention meds in my post)
hugs and respect to all
I hope I can reach out to you at this point, Fuzzy. To me, you seem to have been seriously frightened and hurt by a recent post(s)? I am concluding this because you've been posting lately about being triggered (not this post, but other prior).

If you are, and if you feel up to it, I am here to give you support (as I know many others are).

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear