Member Since Nov 2002
81.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 26, 2019 at 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
Yes to all of your questions.

I hope I have never triggered you. I say that because I know that over the years I have angered or triggered several people. I don't mean to, but stuff happens. I apologize to anyone, if I have ever upset, offended, triggered, seemed to lack empathy, seemed self focused, preachy, or the like.

I am somewhat familiar with many people here at PC, or at least as familiar as one can be with online acquaintances or friends. Others, I know little about. Of course I would want to avoid negatively triggering anyone, but though my memory is pretty good, it's not perfect. If there is a thread with long lists of individuals' triggers, I might forget some. Actually, such a responsibility could be overwhelming and intimidating for me. Obviously, the usual things that trigger people are ones I try to avoid, but specific ones that most aren't triggered by, I might forget.

Considering the above, I fear that such a responsibility to never say anything wrong is a scary one for me. That's something that triggers me. If ever I became shunned, I would have to leave PC. That would be sad!

I know we are unique, with our own personalities and backgrounds. That's beautiful, but doesn't make us always fully understand or appreciate each other in all ways.
Thanks for posting, you haven't triggered me. I know what you mean about a very long list of peoples triggers could be overwhelming and I guess intimidating. Being shunned sucks I agree. I don't do that to people. (certainly not intentionally)

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341