Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2011
1,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 27, 2019 at 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyMop View Post
You are right that whatever we suffered in childhood had nothing to do with us. It left pain and scars that we will always carry but I agree it’s important to understand it had absolutely nothing to do with us. It has taken me many years to understand this.

It took me years to get over my anger. I think I was afraid to let go of the anger because I didn’t know what I would do without it. It had been there so long. Now what’s left is the hurt and the pain and that’s even harder to deal with than the anger. As I sift through all my feelings, I also have had to find my own responsibility. I made mistakes too as a result of my hurt, pain and truly not knowing any better.

I hope to find peace in all of this. I agree that it starts with understanding it was never about us in the beginning. It wasn’t our fault.
hi lilimop, i hope one day you will have that aha moment that will lift you away from the pain and hurt. sometimes it just takes looking at something in a different way. and we all make mistakes, especially those of us who are in such deep pain. the pain affects everything. so please be gentle with yourself.
TerryL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, beauflow, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
beauflow, LilyMop, Open Eyes