View Single Post
Bat_Orchid90

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Dec 27, 2019 at 05:16 PM

Okay theyre not my inlaws.. but shorter than saying my partners parents ha. I very much would like to get to know them better and spend time with them. But I a.) have social anxiety b.) have a bad history with parents/family... so as much as i want to get to know them. I’m still hesitant and guarded... but everytime we try to visit.. they literally turn it into one giant gathering for the ENTIRE family. I’m talking, siblings, grandkids, pets, etc... i always feel extremely awkward and it’s overwhelming/overstimulating... I don’t want to be rude and say like “ heyyy do you mind not inviting your kid and their kids over?”.... or like.. even in a nice way that makes me sound crazy or weak like “ hey i have anxiety so I don’t really want to be around people”.... like idk how to touch on it without coming across as awful or insane..... but i always dread the events because of this.. it makes me physically ill... it never feels like a visit.. it just ends up feeling like an intervention or a set up. Even when they say it’s just them.. in actuality theyll all show up...
Bat_Orchid90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote