Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,878 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2019 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
I'm sorry this woman is causing this harm in your family. Even you know, though, that narcissists can be powerful in their manipulation. It may not be that be doesnt love you, she's just manipulating him to do her bidding. My brother's wife is very similar. And we all quite liked her at first. Until she kept driving bigger and bigger wedges between him and all of us.

I'm sorry he has treated you and his grandparents and other family so poorly. I hope that somehow he realizes his mistake and apologizes and spends time with yall again.
We’re trying to think of it like he is in a cult and forgive him. The cult might have been easier to combat. We’d bust in there and kidnap him. The power of ‘love’ is much stronger. We are praying he one day recognizes his error and we renew a good relationship. But my expectations are low.

If you remember, Seesaw, I started having small issues and seeing the red flags two years ago. Oh boy, that was just the tip of the iceberg!

But for now he’s healthy and happy and that’s what matters most. I’ll just keep taking meds and leave them alone. I reached out to him because we were in his town but he ghosted my text. So I will avoid further triggering myself and stay far away.

Thanks for this!
seesaw, Underdevelopment