Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Open Eyes Not a Unicorn, just another horse

10 yr Member
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2019 at 01:51 PM

When a person struggles with some kind of mental illness or disability they already feel isolated and often the reason they don't open up is because they risk getting some kind of response that can make them feel even more isolated.

I find myself often wishing others could climb into my body just so they could experience how much effort it can take me to deal with the challenge I have with the ptsd that I struggle with. There are so many things I used to be able to do that now with this challenge are so much harder for me to do because I can be so very sensitive.

I have had the feeling where I want to disconnect too, it's the same idea of wanting others to abandon you. It's more about how one can struggle so much that they begin to feel like they can't reveal themselves because how they struggle can just be too much of a burden on others. Often what can happen is a person may have already been exposed to people who need them to be codependent and they are not the kind of people that are safe to be around when needing help yourself and not being able to be that person that was able to be the codependent for others. Often a person is taught to be codependent long before they even have the capacity to know what that really is.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, fishjam