View Single Post
Owllvr

Member Since Dec 2019
2 hugs
given
Default Dec 28, 2019 at 02:01 PM

Hi!

I posted in the introduction forum but thought this might be a better spot? I have an 18 year old daughter who has been diagnosed with a major depressive disorder, social anxiety, panic disorder and likely a personality disorder. Life has been challenging, frustrating, heartbreaking and terrifying. She is fixated on blaming me for all her mental disease and pretty much anything in life that doesn’t go her way. At one point when she was 16 she blamed for the stress and anxiety of her entire generation.

Her senior year things got really bad. She ended up not going to school for 2 months and we feared she wouldn’t be able to graduate. She managed to pull out of the severe depression and not only graduated but left for college. Things seemed much better. She was making great progress in therapy. Meds seemed appropriate. And then everything fell apart after she started college. She habitually has lied since she was 5 years old. It’s not a new issue. But being away from home she started lying again telling everyone about a made up life where she was a victim of abuse. She is lying to her new therapist who unfortunately is young and inexperienced and is just feeding into it. She’s spiraling out of control again but we are powerless to do anything about it. We have no idea how to interact with her during the limited times she will even acknowledge we exist. Her sisters are devastated and confused. It’s a big ugly mess and none of our friends or family understand. I’m hoping someone here has dealt with similar things and can offer some advice. 😊
Owllvr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote