Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
9,430 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2019 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

OMG! YES! The tattle-telling!!! I have straight-up asked my therapist if she would please not mention something to my pdoc (they work together). She'll agree not to, then it comes right back to me that she has! When I have mentioned it, therapist says, "Hmmm...she must have read my notes..."

Well, however Dr. W. gets the information, whether by spoken word or by computer notes, to me it feels like a breach of confidentiality. So now I just don't tell my T some things. It all adds up to just plain stupid.
Yes this is how it is for me too. They work together and one week I’ll say “please don’t tell Pdoc” and she’ll agree not to and then at our next session she will say “so I talked with Pdoc about what we talked about last week.” Um, I told you not to tell him and you agreed not to. Yeah it seems like a breach of confidentially at times for me. Maybe I just won’t bring up my weight loss anymore with her. She’ll just notice all of a sudden that I’ve lost 20 pounds and be like “wtf?” Then I’ll deal with her then.

Thanks for this!
*Beth*