View Single Post
still_crazy
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2016
3,342 hugs
given
Default Dec 28, 2019 at 07:10 PM

hope things get better for you. maybe see about a transition from seroquel and latuda to latuda, as the sole antipsychotic/tranquilizer? not if you don't want to, and i am --not-- trying to play doctor with you at all, its just...

personally, i've done better with just one tranquilizer. when things were very bad, i was maxed out on abilify and i had a low dose of risperidone (ugh) to take, at night, to keep the crazy at bay, strictly as needed. now, im down to a lower dose of the abilify, no risperidone needed (thank God).

the other issue is that latuda might be better in terms of metabolic stuff than seroquel. my current psych briefly brought it up....'great for depression!' blah blah blah...im just stuck on abilify, that's all.

most psych pros aren't so great at balancing these things, to be honest. i mean, many are responsive, if you bring it up, but do try to be vocal with your psych, because its way, way, way easier to load somebody up and stamp "DONE!" than it is to work with a real, live human being whose needs are not static.
still_crazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
xRavenx

Thanks for this!
xRavenx