View Single Post
Paper Roses

Member Since Jan 2010
14 hugs
given
Default Dec 29, 2019 at 01:12 AM

Owllvr
Your daughter sounds similar in some ways to my son. He has had only one serious depressive episode and he functions very highly.

When he was six he told the teacher that I left him alone at night and that he was afraid and could not sleep. He had been late to school a few times and this was his excuse.

This caused me a bit if trouble but my babysitter explained that she watched my children while I worked a few nights a week. I felt bad for him as I saw it as a response to my having left his father and gone to work. I had been home with them up to that point in time. I wish now that I had been firmer and less understanding.

I discovered that he has told his daughters that he was in foster care. They will no longer speak to me. He has told others the same story.

He was never in foster care. I was hospitalized for severe depression when he was 12 years old.
He stayed with good friends who he had known since he was 2 years old while I was in the hospital.

I don't have answers for you but I understand how painful this is for you. Please feel free to pm me if you want to.
Paper Roses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Owllvr