View Single Post
sophiebunny
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2019
77 hugs
given
Default Dec 29, 2019 at 04:14 PM

I completely disagree. I'll restate. The amount of damage someone in patient can do the themselves and others on line is mind boggling. It's nice it didn't happen to you, but for many, many, people the destruction could ruin their post admission lives. If you are so ill that you cannot take care of yourself outside the hospital you are too ill to engage with the outside world online while in the hospital. In patient units are meant to protect patients from the stresses of their outside lives so there can be focus on their psychosis, mania, suicidal depression, anger/rage outburst, etc. The internet is a danger to healing in this context. Consider how ill people are in patient. Having access to a website that lets you not only vent your severe illnesses with out a filter but also lets you get triggered by other people's illnesses is malpractice.

I may not get PC to change their policy, but at least I will have given them something to think about. Quite seriously, the policy as it is now is a law suit waiting to happen.

Last edited by sophiebunny; Dec 29, 2019 at 05:01 PM..
sophiebunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote