Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,757 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 31, 2019 at 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshgirl View Post
Well, surprisingly or not, I've had a Christmas card and present. Card's the usual blurb about being a very special sister. My aunt's told me that brother and sis-in-law told my mother she could do what she wants for Christmas. A nice cop out!

I'm spending Christmas day with my mother, then day after with aunt. As I said to both of them, "at least we won't be dragged out of bed at six am!"

Mother, ever dramatic, stated that someone's taken a big knife to this family and sliced it down the middle. We tried to go out shopping the other day, but she had a health problem due to the very cold wind. Had to go back home. Asked me not to tell brother about it.

Thinking back over various Christmases and other occasions, it's obvious sis-in-law has wanted all the plaudits. Well, now she can do what she likes this year and receive all the praise! As and when opportunity arises, I will let other family members know the real reason why I'm not welcome there anymore. May seem vindictive, but I'm sure some story will be made up, rather than telling the truth.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you all. Hoping for a peaceful new year!
I'm sorry that you are struggling right now. You don't deserve this treatment.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote