Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,711 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 31, 2019 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshgirl View Post
Typical! Just when I give an update, get more to report.

Another discussion with mother yesterday. She admitted brother and sis-in-law are doing more work on their house, so SIL suggested she sleep on recliner chair in lounge if she stays with them. An arthritic 84 year old on a chair that isn't automatic, when she doesn't have the body strength to operate it; don't think so! I knew the truth would come out at some stage. My aunt has said she shouldn't tell my brother that she's not staying 'cos of sleeping arrangements. My reaction was how selfish. For once it seems my mother is actually going to stand up for herself.

Could have said a lot more but don't think my mother can take it. Of course she's disappointed at not seeing her granddaughter on Christmas Day, but I reminded her that kids these days know their own minds. She's now 14 and has more integrity than her parents and some relatives. Plus she doesn't want to be spending all her time with older relatives (snapchat, Xbox, etc!!). She'll find her own way to say that Gran and Auntie aren't forgotten, even if we can't be together. Not use bulls***t like her parents do.
I'm sorry that you have to go through this. I agree with what you said about your niece.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote