Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 01, 2020 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap66 View Post
Sorry about the jumping around on my post.

Perhaps a drop down or a sticky that brings it to the attention that it is a Personality disorder and not a place to run to with your Avoidant stories.
What I mean by avoidant stories is if someone has avoiding a person/place or situation they will run here to post. They don't post bc its AvPD related, they post at the sub-forum bc they only know the forum as Avoidance, ignoring/forgetting or what ever that its a Personality disorder forum.
Big difference between Avoiding and AvPD.

People can post there but the mods should also be in on it to remove any posts if them deem misplaced to this forum such as...
"illusions that others can hear my thoughts"

Avies as factual people... things like this have no bearing on AvPD and should have been moved else where long ago, but no here it still sits even after I brought it to the attention on a moderator.
I see what you are saying now. Too many people who just are having issues with avoidance versus with actual questions or concerns about Avoidant PD. Yes, then I agree with you, a sticky or something that clarifies this is not about the behavior of avoiding but the actual personality disorder and the struggles of living with that, managing that, etc. It is definitely different.

Perhaps as an analogy: when people say they are triggered and really they are just upset by something. It's not the same as being triggered and having PTSD, which means I'm having a panic attack or flashback or other PTSD related reaction. That's like people coming on the AvPD forum for avoidance issues versus for AvPD.

That makes sense, and I'd support a sticky that makes that distinction.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Snap66