View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 02, 2020 at 04:36 AM

Hey @bpcyclist have you ever had a sleep study? I am not saying you are like me but one of the things I learned is there are actually people out there who do not need the purported 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Have you always been like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
So, I've been very out there about my sleep troubles. Sorry. But I have this weighted blanket now and I do think it is helping somewhat. That said, I still am having odd experiences with respect to time and my sleep. For one, I have only slept for around 5 1/2 or 6 hrs. in a row maybe twice or three times in the last several months. I generally, when I do sleep, which isn't often, sleep only for maybe 2 hours before I just wake up, ready to go.

One thing I am noticing recently is this weird dichotomy between how long it seems like I've been asleep (as judged right when I wake up but before looking at any clock) and then, how long it turns out I have actually slept. Example. I just woke up. I was finally able to fall asleep. I had a bunch of dreams. It seemed like it had been maybe, oh, 3-4 hours perhaps. But guess what? It was just under an hour.

Am I the only one who thinks they are sleeping way longer than they actually are? What does this mean?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist