View Single Post
Werewoman
Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 02, 2020 at 09:19 AM

Update: sorry it took me so long to get back to this.
I finally did my first treatment on Dec. 30th and am doing my second one today.

First let me explain, I opted for ketamine infusions as opposed to Spravato, so from here on out, that's what I'll be referring to. If I do the Spravato after my infusions, I'll report on that as well.
Spravato is a mirror molecule of ketamine, so they are not the same and are administered differently. The infusions are given by I.V. , Spravato is a nasal spray that you self administer. You can switch from one to the other, but I wouldn't go back and forth between them and I doubt its allowed.
Think of it as a psychedelic experience. Ketamine, is used in miniscule dosages compared to its use during surgery and therefore you are awake the entire time. There honestly is nothing to compare it to. It's not unpleasant like I imagine a LSD trip to be but it's also similar in some ways. I am not comparing it to LSD - I've never dared to try it - but the experience can be similar depending on the dosage. They started me at 25mg/kg. At that dosage, it's considered to be a Empathogenic Experience.
During the infusion, you dont feel anything at first. As I was waiting for it to take effect, the first thing I noticed was I was a bit light-headed, then I noticed gravity. I felt very heavy. I listened to R. Carlos Nakai, a native American flute player. This is not the occasion for rock or dance music. I can't describe the rest of it just yet. Its indescribable. It slowly wears off once the infusion is done and takes about an hour to feel like yourself again. Since then I've noticed I tend to get dizzy if I exert myself and j tend to be off balance, but then i have a hearing implant so that may be contributing.
I am already seeing improvements. For instance, the last several days I have been able to sit and read each day. I haven't been able to sit still long enough for several years.
Overall, I would not call it fun but it's not unpleasant either. Its enjoyable up to a point.
I am off to do another treatment this morning. I will report on it this afternoon.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely

Thanks for this!
kecanoe