Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 03, 2020 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
I don't agree with this. Their primary mandate is to manage your mental health needs. It is unfortunate that medication causes weight gain but this is a fact of life when you take it. Mental health care needs by far outweigh the side effects of weight gain. I don't believe they are ignoring that this happens. In my own experience my healthcare providers have acknowledged this is going to happen and feel badly about it but they have informed me up front that this is going to happen. I can choose to manage mental health or I can ignore it. But they won't support the later.

I’ve never once been warned that my meds will cause weight gain and given a choice of more weight neutral meds until complaining that I could no longer resist even a stale cupcake [emoji3164]. I was never warned of metabolic syndrome which could kill me and thus be even more severe than my mental health complaints. My primary care physician had no idea that these meds could do this so why shouldn’t the one prescribing the meds tell you?

Hugs from:
WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Mountaindewed