View Single Post
MrsA

Member Since Apr 2019
398 hugs
given
Default Jan 03, 2020 at 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abusedbysister View Post

Your sister seems to be very abusive. I can relate to your story. I grew up with an abusive sister who used to beat me up growing up. She still bullies me, orders me around and yells at me from time to time. She has loved to humiliate me in public from physically beating me up in front of relatives and neighbours (when we were younger) to order me around in front of them now. I am still very scared of her and cannot stand up to her. It is hard to let go of these types of treatments and you always wonder when the next episode would start. I wish you the best.
I'm sorry you had a sister like that and at the same time I'm relieved someone can relate. My sister has actually been showing people photos of me as a baby to prove I was born angry and that she is a victim. She excuses her losses of temper by saying she was stressed or embarassed, but I'm not allowed to express negative feelings about the way she treats me. I'm realizing more and more she will never be logical.

Like the other day I said "I haven't finished my coffee yet." In a tired voice and she claimed I yelled at her and repeated what I said in a nasty angry voice. Just like when customers of our business email with a benign question like "Does this come in a different color?" My sister would read out the emails in an aggressive voice with a scowl to act out what she thinks the customer is really saying when they write a simple question.

I think it was @IrisBloom who said my sister probably insults me out of jealousy. I'm starting to suspect that it is true. I started practicing music a few months ago because I want to be good enough to earn extra money teaching singing and piano lessons. The last few fights, my sister kept attacking me on the subject of my voice, calling me vain, and complaining that she didn't get enough encouragement to develop her singing. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Our stepfather promoted my sister as a musical genius while he kept trying to force me to drop out of school while I earned my music degree. But my sister gets so mad when people compliment my voice and she used to stand next to the piano to cuss me out while I practiced. I realized this week that I must sound good enough now to make her feel threatened and envious so her insults on that subject actually made me feel more confident and determined.

Sorry, I got off topic. Thanks @openeyes and @Abusedbysister for your inderstanding.
MrsA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Abusedbysister, IrisBloom, Open Eyes