View Single Post
Anonymous49105

Default Jan 03, 2020 at 11:13 PM

Forgiving seems like a popular idea lately. I hear about it everywhere. I have books on it myself. The thing is, I don't think forgiveness is the right word. Because forgiveness sort of, to me, means it's okay. Even if it's not. I do think there are some things that are just Unforgivable. Not okay. but some of the other posters are absolutely right that finding a way to let go of pain that someone caused you is healthy. I mean we all want to be happy. but it's not something that should be forced. and if there is such a thing as forgiveness, I believe it's a lifelong process that is not linear. By this I mean, that sometimes will be upset think about it, feel angry, feel like you can't forgive the person. And other times you can. you have a deeper understanding sometimes of what that person may have been going through and they hurt you. And you feel more like you can just let it go for periods of time. And then the next day, or Moment, you may hate them again. I suppose I'm going through the process of forgiveness myself. I do not feel that I can forgive certain things that people have done to me. Especially since they haven't apologized. I think sometimes people don't realize the pain they cause others. The effect they have on others.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CutegirlS, Discombobulated, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Crazy Hitch, Discombobulated, TunedOut