Thread: Adult Children
View Single Post
Paper Roses

Member Since Jan 2010
14 hugs
given
Default Jan 04, 2020 at 09:16 PM

Thanks Beth. I think we can give each other perspective and empathy.

To All who are following;
Over the holidays my daughter's ex husband contacted us to wish us a Merry Christmas. He was less than an ideal father or husband. He was an addict during the time his children were growing up. My husband and I stepped in to fill that gap. He has expressed appreciation for that but there are trust issues on our part.

Long story short I called him today and he is sober for a year or so and is being a father to his youngest, N is 20 next month and A is 22. I have not seen them or heard from them in a year as my daughter threatened them. They cannot have contact. It hurt me so much as we raised them more or less. But more than myself I was concerned that they would become depressed living with their mother, my daughter. They were not working last I heard and I have been very concerned.

Their father, R, has been seeing them and has gotten them cars and jobs. R is coming over Monday to talk.

I was so relieved to know they are ok. It was physical, the relief I felt. The weight of this is so heavy. I will be ok if they choose not to take a chance on seeing me . I saw N secretly for awhile and gave him a phone that he kept from her. She pulled up one day at a place we met and he was told if he sees me she will not allow him to stay at her house. I don't think they trust their father enough to risk that yet.

I know, she is awful. She was different before alcohol and drugs and before she got involved with the man she is living with. But now she is nothing like the daughter I knew.

The good news is I may have someone to keep me informed and that is more than I've had. I'm grateful. I've been praying and this is an answer to prayer.

Thanks for reading.
Paper Roses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Deilla, TishaBuv