View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,878 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 04, 2020 at 10:02 PM

I’m 55 and just became estranged from my oldest son, 24, who just got married.

I thought we had a great relationship. There was never even an argument about anything until he began planning his wedding.

I am convinced it was his now wife who set out to alienate him from his parents. Only bad things were done to us in the process. It was a ‘what does it take to get rid of them?’ And it was well played to drive us off. We did not attend their wedding because they humiliated us in a way rarely anyone does and would not spare us in the slightest to accommodate us to attend. So we simply did not go and did not pay. Now our son will not speak to us. Even after the wedding has past, he refuses to respond to the simplest texts like the other day, “Happy new year!” No response, ghosted just to punish us.

I have heard there is a whole movement of adult children becoming estranged from their parents. There is a sentiment of they don’t feel obligated to maintain contact or honor us in any way.

We were as good parents as any children could have. Our son trumped up BS offenses that we were bad parents to justify his horrible treatment of us. It was ludicrous.

I have been coping with severe PTSD reactions to this tragedy for nearly a year, waking nightly in panic attack, crying, ruminating, majorly depressed. I didn’t do anything wrong and thought he loved me, but I guess either he is totally brainwashed or he never really loved us at all.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Deilla