View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 05, 2020 at 11:07 AM

I know there are people out there that don't like to admit to being wrong. In most cases, it's due to not wanting to have their ego shattered or they may even be narcissistic. I've always wondered if fear plays into it. There are some people I know that put on a know-it-all act and the way they react if someone says their wrong, and even proves they are wrong, makes me wonder if they have been conditioned to never be wrong and if they ever are, there will be severe consequences. If proven wrong, they will get very defensive and in some cases, appear to be very nervous even if they try to hide it.

Also they will go out of their way to prove they are always right and will not give in until they no longer feel attacked and may even get their way. Even if there is solid proof that they are wrong, they will still deny it or blame it on someone else. I've always wondered if this form of arrogance and unwillingness to accept being wrong is due to fear. Do you think this stems from fear? Have you known someone who hated admitting they were wrong and by their behavior, it appeared that it was out of fear? Have you ever struggled admitting that you were not right out of fear? If so, what did you fear would happen if you admitted you were wrong? Just wondered.
rdgrad15 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
objtrbit