View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Jan 05, 2020 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post
I've been having a lot of nightmares or night terrors lately. Some of them seem so real that it's hard to shake it off in the mornings. From time to time I will have to do some grounding exercises. I'm not sure what is causing the nightmares. Maybe dehydration. I wake up with a terrible headache and very thirsty. I check my blood sugar and it's usually in the 120's. So I don't think it is elevated sugar levels.

Anyone else dealing with nightmares? What do you do to help? My online T suggested I set a positive intention before going to bed. I keep forgetting to do that. Maybe I will today.
Whenever I have nightmares, I attribute them to my hormonal cycle, my mental health, any meds or supplements (yes, I know that sounds crazy but meds can cause nightmares), or my physical health. So, if I have a real doozy of a nightmare, I do my "checklist" to see what's going on with myself.

I like what your online T suggested. The less screen time we have at night before bed, the better. It's good to set an intention before bed. That gives your subconscious mind something to focus on while you sleep. That, or read a book, or drink herbal decaf tea. Or listen to classical music or just do deep breathing or yoga nighttime stretches. There's a slew of bedtime routines you can try, to help you relax.

STRESS
-When I lived in my elderly mother's empty apartment before her lease expired, I had nightmares almost every night. I attributed those to the psychological stress of having to withdraw from my early summer grad course, from moving her to a transitional nursing home before her real nursing home bed was available, from the mental stress of not working that whole year culminating into that last month at her apartment, out of fear of "where will I live" hence my thread here about my fear of becoming homeless.

ILLNESS
-When I get the flu or bronchitis, or my anemia gets bad, I have nightmares. If my thyroid levels get out of whack, I have nightmares. If I have indigestion, I have nightmares.

MEDICATION
-When i was on a bunch of different meds in the past 25 years, those meds gave me scary nightmares. Even antibiotics -- some of them, give me nightmares.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Deilla