View Single Post
ak1728

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Jan 06, 2020 at 02:31 PM

It's been a hard last year for me .. I've had issues with a coworker who eventually got promoted while I got a terrible review. It almost seems as if he was trying to make me look bad so he could get promoted and that eventually happened. I believe my review was unfair and I have mentioned that to my manager who just sat there saying "Sure" - a very frustrating response. I have some form of documentation to prove my performance was better than what the review showed and I am going to put that in writing in response to my review. But the reality now is that most of the leadership is aware of my review (technically they shouldn't be aware of the rating but because performance reviews are discussed amongst managers they are aware of the subjective comments. And some of those comments were nasty). As much as I've been frustrated, I've tried to put all this behind and try harder but I have a bigger problem.

Because leadership is aware of my performance rating, they are also withholding opportunities for me to grow and prove myself. And whatever little there is going to the "top performers". Btw, there is a good chance that I might get laid off if there is workforce reduction in the company. I feel I have been pushed to a corner with no way out... and there's more.

I am trying to make a career change and don't yet have enough experience to get a job. Experience is what I am trying to get through my current role and it has become a chicken and egg problem. I am still not giving up and trying hard to find a job but it's challenging because we can't relocate as we just bought a new home and worked really hard to renovate it. I'd like me and my wife and kid to at least live in it for 6 months. I worked so hard to save and renovate it.

All of this uncertainty is taking it's toll on me. I am not able to focus and feel down a lot. How do I walk into my office and work hard when I don't see a future here? All of my classmates from school 8 years ago are at the next level and some even higher. I worked hard .. why am I stuck like this? How in the world will I be able to give a good life to my son (who was born last year and is turning one soon)
ak1728 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, hvert, Open Eyes, Purple,Violet,Blue, Serpentine Leaf