View Single Post
InsomniaViaHaldol

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Jan 06, 2020 at 09:01 PM

It can be hard to deal with psychosis. My episodes were usually mania with acute paranoia and psychotic episodes that were pretty intense.

When I first had psychotic breaks it was paralyzingly terrifying. I was so relieved to have been diagnosed so I knew I could fight it.

I had quite a few relapses and hospitalizations. In fact, we had to cancel our wedding and ended up just going to the courthouse with our parents to get married because I was in the hospital on our wedding day.

Mixing with people was hard, luckily for me, I had moved back home to get medical treatment so I had some buddies from high school still around. Unfortunately, I lost touch with them one by one.

I finally met my wife on a dating site (waaay before tinder and all the crap they have these days - I can't imagine dating in this age) so I kind of adopted friends that way. I still do not have any friends of my own, but my in-laws are great and we are pretty close, so that helps.

I also joined to get some discussions with like minded people dealing with the same stuff as me. I am much better when I can take my time and formulate a well thought out discussion as opposed to having discussions in person.
InsomniaViaHaldol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn