View Single Post
June55

Member Since Jun 2013
366 hugs
given
Default Jan 06, 2020 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrae View Post
I've been doing some reading and research online, trying to gain at least a little understanding on brain injuries and the things that go into them & surround the people who have them. yet at the same time, it is incredibly frustrating cuz many medical professionals contradict each other, and it seems many say differing things. so what the h**l is a person suppose to do and who/what to trust?!?

in basic terms, a B.I. are changes in the brain, ranging from subtle ones to severe ones. i'm looking at gaining info on what is happening - cuz the why people just don't know that!

and the more reading I do, the more 'things' I notice, and the more time that passes, I grow increasingly nervous. and not just cuz this is turning into a long-term medical issue for me.

I'm nervous about telling my B.I. doc about some of these 'subtle changes' I am noticing. cuz if they don't fit into the "right categories" (like behavioral or cognitive), I'm super concerned they'll start thinking these are like psych induced/related symptoms -> and that's a road I AIN'T going down with my B.I. doc! especially since my scans have come up negative for any major changes/damage. [plus the pain-topic is a touchy subject with people who have MIs]

so... how can I truly trust doctors when they contradict each other? how can I believe the doctors have my best health-interest in mind when they do things like suggest/prescribe medications that are not safe for me?? how can I talk about my health concerns/fears when I have so much trauma inside me that there are things my mind keeps from me?!?!? and how can I deal with all these emotions and things when there's no one IRL I trust enough to talk to?

Consider a chiropractor - yes there are some that help your brain reconnect patterns or brain injury clinic

I wish you well! I will listen any time you need a chat.
June55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
jrae

Thanks for this!
jrae