View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2020 at 07:27 AM

This is temporary... think of it in that way. Try to gain as much experience as you can while on the job and look for another. Just look at it very selfishly, but in a healthy selfish way, if you know what I mean. Get out of it what you can, and use it as a stepping stone to another position, even if that position is not a leg up and is a lateral move. And if they don't give you growth opportunities where you are now, just capitalize on the length of employment and the experience you CAN gain. They sound toxic and dysfunctional. Oh, and I think it's only reasonable to expect fair and equal treatment within a work environment. And it sucks when you don't get it. I can fully relate to that feeling because I've had the same issue in my own job. It's maddening, but it's reality unfortunately. Many work environments promote unfairly. It's as though the hard working person gets screwed, and the screw offs get rewarded with promotions. Not right.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes, Serpentine Leaf