View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2020 at 10:49 AM

So, I have a feeling you're not going to really like my response because I know you don't like your therapist and so I get the feeling you just want us to support you going to your CEO right now.

What I have noticed though is that you tend to have a reactive "gut" instinct to act right away, while feeling intense emotions about things. So while my suggestion isn't to wait until March like your T said, I think you would benefit from calming down and trying to really see the whole picture of the company objectively before approaching the CEO again. If you're not in a leadership role now there will be a lot that you aren't privy to that currently goes on in leadership meetings. So calming down a bit, giving it some space will allow you to assess the whole situation, not just what happens directly with you, and also allows you some space to see how things are unfolding. You can take time to observe how others in the company are dealing with the loss of business and work those considerations into your pitch.

I can tell you from personal experience it is always best to give these things some space and time for our own emotions about it to dissipate before we engage the leadership in the conversations. There are a lot of egos in the C-suite and if you bring your emotions to the table, you won't be able to deal with theirs, which is what you have to do when you're selling something - and this meeting is to essentially sell yourself as an essential leader in the company. I don't think you have to wait two months, I'm just saying give it a week before approaching him again. GIve yourself some space from the anger you're clearly feeling about their ineptitude. You don't want that to come across in a meeting.

Hope this helps.

PS: Get on getting a new T. She sounds awful.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Have Hope, unaluna