Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2020 at 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurgam View Post
you do realize there is a chance the ceo may not even really care what you have to offer. there may be reasons the company is failing that are beyond your scope. they may offer you a meeting just because.

I would suggest slowing down. but you either are or are not, regardless of what anyone says. therapist, gut, posted replies, etc.

I am amazed you have access to the ceo directly, usually most workers don't...nice to have that, just be aware that you may not get the answers you are looking for.

I served as both a field level employee and upper management in the agency I worked for so I had access to both levels of operation. it was easy for lower level employees to not understand the actions of upper level decisions from the higher mgt's view point. it's just easy to see things from the level you operate on. it took some time to explain corporate decisions to others when this would occur.,..what might be good for employees, etc might not seem good for the overall company at first., just saying. perhaps that might be in play here.

also are you suggesting in your power point that you should be placed in a leadership role? didn't you mention in a recent post you drink during lunch breaks & drive back to work? that isn't the stock of a great or good supervisor. I would think that is you are trying to vie you way into a management position or even tryin g to impress a ceo you need to personally on top of your game.

yea no one can smell vodka but it impacts your work. same with the smoking. people aren't fools. you can suggest the best program going but if you aren't a stellar employee (one with issues..drinking during the workday, violating a smoke free campus perhaps) then why should they take any input from you? regardless of how great it might be?

take the time to get yourself together. the cleaner you are the better your input will be recognized. walk. get a better outlook. having a poor attitude won't help a company with sagging business. they may be bad supervisors but for now they are yours. trust the the therapist.
Your post is discouraging rather than encouraging. You're putting me on the defensive, and I don't feel supported.

I do have access to the CEO. It's a small enough company where that can happen.

The company IS FAILING and I HAVE SOLUTIONS.

And I already said I would stop the drinking at lunch -- and like I already stated, that has only happened a few times in the two years that I've been there.

My CEO told me he sees me in a leadership role. He tried to fit me into one, but it did not work out internally.

I will approach my CEO about a leadership role. I am taking the initiative. Honestly, i should be supported and applauded for this because I work with ALL men, and I want to take on a leadership role WHICH THE CEO SUPPORTS ME IN.

In contrast to what you say, which is exactly like my crappy therapist has said, I would be a GREAT leader. And i know this.

And I don't have a bad attitude, thank you. I vent on here, but I am the most positive and enthusiastic person on my entire team, which I've stated previously.

Thanks for the support.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jan 07, 2020 at 02:35 PM..
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote