View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2020 at 06:08 PM

I got a raise today! (Retroactive to 1/1/2020). I'm pretty excited about it. Both the general manager and one of the owners had said they would try to get me more money after the first of the year, but since I'm in accounting and I know the state of our cash flow, I didn't think it would happen anytime soon. It's one thing to have money on paper, and it's another thing to have money in the bank. It's not a huge raise by any means, but it's something. The owner said I deserve it and the general manager said that I am doing a great job. That was good to hear (probably even better than hearing I am getting a raise). Others are getting raises too, so I'm not special or anything. Even though it's not a lot of money, it's a good percentage for a raise, I think. I don't think it covers me doing three jobs, but it's a step in the right direction. It's nice to be appreciated. Still way underpaid for the type of work I do and the degrees I have but it's a good company and I like working here (most of the time) so all in all....yeah! Thought I would post something positive about work for a change. HUGS Kit

Hugs from:
divine1966, happysobercrafter, rechu, seesaw, Turtle_Rider, unaluna, Yzen

Thanks for this!
divine1966, happysobercrafter, hvert, seesaw, Sometimes psychotic, Turtle_Rider, unaluna, Yzen