Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 08, 2020 at 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Hi Have Hope, I just happened across your thread here and I was just thinking about how this company has a lot of losses in business right now. If you do approach your CEO about a management position, you may want to site the current losses and that you would take on a management job without and increase in pay right now. The pay can be increased once you regain more business back and get the business back on track where it's increasing in revenue again.

This can be a plus for you personally because a promotion and being in management can be a positive on your resume. And if you do get a promotion and do make improvements that show in increased revenue, that too is big plus for your resume.

Just a thought. Personally, when I am offered some kind of helping service and I'm struggling, I am more apt to try it if it's a "trail period" without costing me extra where I can see if what is offered actually does increase my revenue. If it works then I don't mind paying for it if my increase in revenue can cover the cost of it and add to my pocket at the same time.
Thanks @Open Eyes. You make a good point, but we do have new business coming in. I also cannot fathom not asking for a higher salary. It's a self-esteem issue. Working harder, working at a higher level, but for the same pay? I just don't see myself doing that.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote