View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 08, 2020 at 11:26 AM

@Have Hope, it is perfectly valid to need a cheering squad and to request support for people to back you up. Just be clear that that's what you want when you post. When you ask questions of whether or not we'd side with your T or we agree with you or what we think you should do, the responses will run the gamut. If you know what you want to do and just want us to back you up, it's totally legit just to spell it out. "Guys, I need some back up. I'm going in to talk to my CEO again about moving into a leadership role, gimme some pep talks and confidence building to help me win him over." Or something like that, you know?

And just remember we all come in this with our own experience and so we raise red flags based on that. It may or may not be relevant to you and in no way do any of us mean to offend or insult you by likening our experience. We know we aren't there to know all the details, so we just give our gut instinct as well. As always, take everything with a grain of salt and know that you will know the situation far better than any of us.

Hope the meeting with the CEO goes well. I'm sure you will knock it out of the park.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope

Thanks for this!
Have Hope, unaluna