Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 08, 2020 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
I'm heart sick, depressed, and have aged 15 years during these past 14 months. I was a youthful woman with good physical health. That's gone out the window.

I strongly suspect that N's therapist is encouraging her to do the "NC" (no contact) thing that is a trend with some young people these days. I would understand - IF my daughter had a reason to cut ties. But there is no valid reason.

I never, never believed that a child could be "spoiled" with love...but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm developing health problems that I feel are due to the tremendous grief I have in the pit of my stomach.
I can relate to some of the things you have gone through.

Most parents give their all to their children hoping they will grow up to be secure and loving people. We could never imagine living our lives totally separated from them. So when it doesn't turn out as we imagined--we are left feeling empty (to say the least).

I have had therapists, pschologists and family members suggest that I have VERY little contact and that some of the problems they have are because I helped them too much. This no contact thing is a trend regarding all kinds of relationships.

I also thought a child couldn't be spoiled. I felt grateful to my dad for spoiling me so I thought that was what you should do but perhaps I was wrong. My husband has said that children are born with their own personalities. Perhaps he is right about this.

Grief and anxiety can definitely ruin our health. I am hoping to turn mine around. The despair got so bad for me that I found myself turning to God in a more sincere way for comfort. I spend a lot more time meditating, praying and studying the Bible. I believe we are all here by divine design (but have free will) and that our children (including their individual personalities) were purposely selected for us. Perhaps struggles we go through are meant to help us grow into better people. Though I do take some medications for MI issues (not sure how much of it is simply because of our despair)--this new way of thinking (and purposely not thinking about my children's problems as much but instead working on what I need to do for my future not theirs) has lifted my depression and anxiety.

I hope you figure out a way to feel better too! It has been a long road but I am starting to turn how I feel inside around. Everything starts from how we feel inside. I pray that everyone with these struggles starts feeling better and better.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LilyMop, Paper Roses