Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2019
81 hugs
given
Default Jan 08, 2020 at 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Roses View Post
Tuned

I agree that people thrive under loving and caring and understanding parenting. I believe that my children are better off having been loved and spoiled in some ways. But they chose to take advantage of my good nature and to manipulate. I only see this in retrospect. I do not take others for granted nor do I manipulate people who trust me. Many people do though. My children do.

There is much about individual behavior that science/psychology is only beginning to understand. But at least 50 percent of personality or character is inherited and the rest is nurture. There are very interesting studies that were done on twins that were separated at birth and raised in different families.

Look up twin studies. They have astonishing similarities that can only be attributed to heredity.

My point is that my daughter is very much like my mother but she was around my mother very little. My son is a lot like his father, my first husband. He did not know him well. Some things are not within our control.

I have found a measure of peace in focusing on my own life as well. The pain comes and goes but it is better.

Thanks for sharing.

My daughter is also similar to my mother and I keep wondering if I am also like both of them. Everyone tells me I look and act nothing like them. How did my daughter end up with more of my mother’s nature than mine?

I’ve heard of those studies done on twins and it’s quite remarkable and thought provoking.

What do you think about generational legacies and all this baggage we have and was it handed down to us? I recently looked at 200 years of my family genealogy and was surprised to see some of the patterns that have repeated. I have made some similar choices and mistakes as past grandmothers. I also look like a great-great grandmother. That was weird to see her picture and see myself in her face.
LilyMop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut