Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2020 at 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Roses View Post
Tuned
I agree that people thrive under loving and caring and understanding parenting. I believe that my children are better off having been loved and spoiled in some ways. But they chose to take advantage of my good nature and to manipulate. I only see this in retrospect. I do not take others for granted nor do I manipulate people who trust me. Many people do though. My children do.

I have found a measure of peace in focusing on my own life as well. The pain comes and goes but it is better.
We both agree on this. (Children need love and understanding.) They also need boundaries which has never been my strength but I am working on it.

People have also manipulated me but I am learning to recognize better when it is happening and am slowly learning to say "no", withdraw when people are so upset they are lashing out, and to not keep giving to people who don't give back.

My pain still comes and goes occassionally. I think we can continue to make progress towards focussing on bringing our lives joy. The more we do that and the more we stop focussing on those that have caused us pain--the better life can be.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote