View Single Post
Paper Roses

Member Since Jan 2010
14 hugs
given
Default Jan 09, 2020 at 12:05 PM

Tisha
Thank you for understanding my point. I know I had issues. Who doesn't?.

I regret trying as hard as I have to be "fair" and to hear my adult children's complaints. I was so shocked when I heard that they had concerns I needed to know what they were!

So what were they? I was gone too much. They don't suggest I was out dancing! They acknowledge that I was working or attending class.

My son said I should have gotten married! Imagine! He thought he was entitled to make that decision for me! He remembered a man I was dating who wanted to marry me, when my son was 8 years old. Ahem. He was an attorney.
What my son did not know is he got lost in cocaine. I did not use drugs. In fact no one who knew him then knows where he is now.

Should have seen my son's face when I told him that! I did not share that with an eight year old.

So, I worked too hard. I did not make enough money. I chose to remain single.

My daughter's complaints are more in the present. My husband and I did so much for her. After I was hospitalized in 2015 with a serious health issue. I almost died. We began doing less for her. In fact I even asked her to drive me to an appointment a few times. She did so one time. Then suddenly was too busy.
Then she said she did not want to see me anymore.

Basically I was requiring some of her time. She drinks a lot and it has gotten worse in the past five years. I pray that she hits bottom.

Both of my children when asked have stated that they felt loved and safe.

I wish I could tell them how I feel. I never have. I think it's a bad idea so I have not.
Paper Roses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
LilyMop