Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2020 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhdandthensome View Post
I understand I procrastinate to the last minute about calls in my personal life it’s not as bad but because I’m in sales professionally it is exhausting and truthfully I’m not as good as I could be. I can’t seem to find any true coping mechanisms or anything that seems to work for me. I can’t stand talking on the phone in public and sometimes I’ll just sit and stare at the phone knowing I have a call I need to make but can’t seem to bring myself to pick up that phone.

I’ll send an email in seconds flat and as long as I’m not exhausted or in a terrible mood will answer the phone and handle business but outbound calls for anything is like my nemesis I don’t think I haven’t anxiety symptoms on the calls I just can’t seem to do it.

And the weird part is I have normal self esteem and don’t seem to be concerned with what people think of me so I have no clue what I could be anxious about
In your case, still when you have a normal self-esteem, your fear could be due to the missing parts in a phone communication. Maybe, your need to have a better knowledge about what’s going on is bigger in those occasions. Maybe, the instantaneity plays a big role because you are very concern to make a mistake or you are under a hard pressure at work.
I don’t know. It’s what comes to my mind at these moments.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote