View Single Post
Paper Roses

Member Since Jan 2010
14 hugs
given
Default Jan 10, 2020 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Maybe you can focus on telling them about the love you have for them. After the shyt hit the fan with my son, I’m trying to move forward still as his mother after the fallout. I sent him a birthday gift and he thanked me. I wasn’t sure if he’d tell me to shove it. I’m okay with that I let money talk and it worked, at least for the moment. Why should I punish him forever? I chose to put away the incident and hope to eventually rebuild a relationship. We’ll see. It takes two.
Thank you for this. This has been going on for five years. I did make attempts to resolve things with them. I listened and agreed that life was difficult. I was completely alone as were they. I had no extended family at the time. Their father showed up to see them once or twice a year. I left their father and he could not cope so he abandoned his children. I can't imagine not seeing my children except once a year.

This created a very difficult situation. I was gone a lot and they had wonderful child care givers but no family. It would have helped so much to have a sibling or anyone. So yes they suffered and their emotional needs were not always met.

My son and I made a decision to work on reconnecting, although as a young adult he was at our home often. We agreed to certain things and it was going well until I was hospitalized again. Things fell apart badly. I was again seriously physically ill.

Perhaps the fear of losing me is a factor. I'm all they ever had. But he withdrew and has no desire to see me. It makes no sense I agree. His reasoning is so superficial? He is 46 years old remember. I believe the ball is in their court. Of course I have not shared all of the details but he was cruel beyond belief when I was in the hospital and ... I think he needs to come to me.

I think his behavior is based in extreme self centeredness and I can no longer justify coddling him. It's time he gives to me. I have always given and I think that is the reason for his attitude.

I'm open to contacting both of them at some point. When and what to say is one of the things I intend to explore here.

I'm so happy that you are working out things with your son. I have forgiven and begun anew repeatedly with both of my children. I give and give. I need them to give back now.
Paper Roses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TishaBuv