Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 11, 2020 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
I opened up to a few work colleagues last night after a few drinks. We had a social gathering at a bar to say goodbye to a work colleague who's leaving.

Well, I spilled the beans to a few people about what's REALLY going on behind the scenes for me, including the issues I face with my boss and about talking to the CEO about a leadership role. I went on and on, when I should have kept my mouth shut!

Now I am kicking myself for it, I am very anxious it will backfire on me, and I am SO angry at myself for getting loose after a few drinks!

GRRR GRRRR GRRRR.

I know why i did it... I am all alone at work with my struggles, I lost my single confidante at work who left the company two months ago, AND I have no therapist right now.

I just feel like the biggest A-hole and worry that I've alienated my colleagues. I think the writing's on the wall: I should just leave the company.

My usual f-up self is f-ing up again.

Please be gentle with me, if you do respond to this... I'm looking for supportive replies only, not constructive criticism. I'm already aware that I made a huge mistake and that I probably should not have said a single word. I am already very upset with myself for this.
It's probably not as bad as you think it is. And if anyone brings it up, just say, "I was blowing off steam, that's all. I'm excited to get back to work and kick ***." And don't mention it at all. Everyone gripes about work. I'm sure they have gripes too.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, Have Hope